What is a Personal Organizer?
A Professional Home Organizer is someone who helps you to overcome clutter and disorganization to make your life, less stressful and your time, more efficient.
Why hire a Personal Home Organizer?
A Professional Home Organizer not only helps you organize your mess, but they also create easy-to-follow functional systems to help keep it that way. They are there to help you through the entire process or to get down and dirty and do everything themselves. They are there to sit, sort, clean, file, de-clutter, and de-stress to help make your home a better place to live so you can get back to what is important in life!
Will you work with me or just coach me?
It’s entirely up to you. If you don’t want to touch a thing, you don’t have to. But, if you or anyone else wants to help, it’ll get the job done faster, and in the end, save you money.
How do I get started?
Simply contact me here and tell me what needs to be addressed, what rooms/areas you’d like organized, and any other details you’d like to include. I will then get back with you and we can set up a time for our first meeting.
What do I need to prepare for our first meeting?
Not a thing! I ask that you not clean up your space prior to the assessment visit. I prefer to see the true function of the space to decide what functional systems need to be implemented to meet you and your family’s needs.
What takes place at the first meeting?
I come and evaluate the space(s) as-is and formulate a plan of action. Then, we will discuss what problems you have with the space(s), what you would like to see change, and what is currently working for you.
Will my session be confidential?
Absolutely, all meeting, conversations, and questions are between you and me, and no one else. Any before and after pictures shared on the website are given with written permission. To see other guidelines I stand by, please read the bottom section of my About page.
Will you make me get rid of all my things?
My role will be to support you with those decisions but you will have the final decision of what stays and goes in your space.
Should I buy any supplies?
I recommend waiting to buy any supplies until after the initial planning and sorting phase to get a better sense of what is needed. We might also be able to re-use or re-purpose containers from your home.
What if I only need you for a few hours?
Great! There is a minimum of 2-3 hour for each session (project).
NAPO Code of Ethics I Stand By:
(National Association of Professional Organizers)
- I will serve my clients with integrity, competence, and objectivity, and will treat them with respect and courtesy.
- I will offer services in those areas in which I am qualified and will accurately represent those qualifications in both verbal and written communications.
- When unable or unqualified to fulfill requests for services, I will make every effort to recommend the services of other qualified organizers and/or other qualified professionals.
- I will advertise my services in an honest manner and will represent the organizing profession accurately.
- I will keep confidential all client information, both business and personal, including that which may be revealed by other organizers.
- I will use proprietary client information only with the client’s permission.
- I will keep client information confidential and not use it to benefit myself or my firm, or reveal this information to others.
- I will decide independently and communicate to my client in advance my fees and expenses, and will charge fees and expenses which I deem reasonable, legitimate, and commensurate with my experience, the services I deliver, and the responsibility I accept.
- I will make recommendations for products and services with my client’s best interests in mind.