Do you have a drawer that looks like this?
How about your closet, nightstand, purse, or even your spices? Even spaces that may have been organized need a spruce up sometimes. All you need is 10 minutes! Really, just 10 minutes to get it back in tip-top shape.
I often feature 10 Minute Tuesday Projects here on the blog, and today I am encouraging you to try one of your very own. If you are new to the blog and need some convincing about what a difference 10 minutes can make here are super simple steps plus a break down of time to get you started. Today is the day! In only 10 minutes, we can make a cluttered space functional again. Set your timer and let’s get started.
1. Collect Supplies (1-2 minutes)
- trash can
- cleaning rag
- containers collected from around the house if needed (no need to buy new, see my favorite budget friendly options here)
2. Sort & Purge (3-4 minutes)
- like with like
- throw away trash, items you don’t use any more and even the items you are trying squeeze the last drop out of but you already bought a new one.
- include a put elsewhere pile for items to put away after your space is organized. (This little pile will keep your project from turning into an hour long event!)
A few in action shots of the sorting process-
3. Clean (1-2 Minutes)
hint– You don’t have to take everything out of the space while sorting. For this quickie clean-up, save time by keeping some items in their home.
4. Organize! (3-4 minutes)
- Sorted piles go back into containers
- If you have an extra 5 minutes you can label your containers so items can find their way back to home again.
Sit back and enjoy your space. Marvel at what just 10 minutes can do! In just 10 minutes this drawer went from a cluttered mess, to tidy and containerized.