Some of our biggest headaches come from the constant influx of daily paper. Getting this daily paper organized, can make a huge impact in our daily lives!
This is honestly one of my favorite organizing subjects and I have touched on it many times! You can read all about how my Action Files clear up my daily paper clutter. I also revisited my action files for a guest post on I’m an Organizing Junkie.
Check out this video flashback demonstrating how useful daily Action files can be! It’s filmed in real-time folks.
Action Files can easily be adjusted as needed. This fall, I slipped a manila file folder into my Pending folder to corral all the incoming paper regarding kindergarten. The new information can referenced quickly whenever needed.
Now it is your turn to take action on your daily papers:
- Schedule time to go through today’s papers.
- Keep it simple and record a few action categories as you sort. Think of the types of paper you would typically handle on a day to day basis. examples -read, discuss, data entry, to pay, to file, receipts, coupons, recipes, to search on-line
- As you sort, ask yourself “What is the next action to take for this item?”
- Make a place for 4-5 categories in a container or file folders.
- Keep a pretty container on your counter to inspire you to file and not pile. Action files that are hard to access or tucked away in a file cabinet may give you just enough of an excuse to delay taking action on the paper as it comes in.
Are you pumped to get those daily papers organized yet? Here are a few more dreamy action files to thoroughly motivate you. Love this one from hi sugarplum!
or this file box + calendar from A Bowl full of Lemons.
or repurpose an old dish rack like this from Better Homes & Gardens.
or even a fun little basket like this one from Chic on a Shoestring Decorating.
Share your own paper tips in the comments below. Or if you have a blog, link up any of your own paper organizing process! Grab a button to show off all your hard work too!
If you are new to our party, catch up on what we have conquered so far here!